Here are a few reasons why October is our favorite month
1. FALL - Fall is our favorite season. We love the warm days and cool nights, the changing leaves, wearing sweaters and sweatshirts, jumping into cold sheets, the first snow making the base for fresh powder days to come, and football season. We do love the "falling" leaves, but living in Sugarhouse we get way too many of those. Anyone want to come rake leaves??
2. HALLOWEEN - Halloween is my moms favorite holiday - so she has made me love it even more. When I was younger she used to make all of our costumes, trick or treat bags, and she would even paint Halloween sweatshirts for us. I remember mine had a green monster on it. It was by far my favorite sweatshirt ever! My parents also LOVED to carve pumpkins. Some years they would buy up to 30 pumpkins - big and small - and we would carve them all. Then they would decorate their front lawn on Halloween with the pumpkins. The neighborhood loved it! They still do a lot of pumpkins now, but not as many because no one is home to help carve them. One other thing that I loved when I was young was when my mom would get butcher paper and draw Linus in the pumpkin patch (from the Snoopy halloween show). My parents have 4 big windows on the front of their house and she would display Linus in the pumpkin patch on the four windows. It was so great!! Last but not least I really love pumpkins! Last year Jake and I found the BEST pumpkin ever - it was the "butt" pumpkin (see picture below). On Halloween we put shorts on it - so hilarious!
3. Our Anniversary - Jake and I are coming up on 4 years this month! I can hardly believe it.
4. Post Season Baseball - Lets be honest, the regular season gets a little long and besides a Yankees vs Red Sox game, the post season is the best of all! I really look forward to this!!
5. Utah Jazz Basketball - their first game is October 30 vs Golden State!
I CAN'T WAIT!
The "butt" pumpkin! I laugh everytime I see it!